Location: Derry (onsite)
Employment Type: Permanent/Full Time
Salary: £30,000 per annum
We are looking for a mid-level PHP developer to join our expanding team in Derry-Londonderry. This is an opportunity to join a small growing team and become part of the foundation of the company.
The Company and Role
The company has been providing Software as a Service to third sector organisations for over 4 years and through new exciting projects, need to grow the team to meet the rising demand. The software allows organisations to collect, monitor and report on their client’s journey. This can be proven through in-depth reporting tools, charts and collation of data; helping charities and organisations in the third sector achieve their goals.
The ideal candidate is a highly resourceful and innovative developer with extensive experience in the layout, design and coding of applications specifically in PHP format. They must also possess a strong knowledge of web application development using PHP programming language and MySQL/MariaDB Server databases. This is an onsite role with an option to work from home after 6 months.
- Writing clean, fast PHP and MySQL/MariaDB to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Maintain best practices with our version control and software roadmap.
- Engage in development meetings and help shape the future direction of the software platform.
- Produce high level concepts, specifications and timelines for any development requests that should arise.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Carry out in-depth testing on any development work or bug fixes on our test branches before it is added to the production server.
- Be willing to provide mentorship when required, to a Junior Developer.
- At least 2 years proven software development experience in PHP and MySQL/MariaDB.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
- Experience of Developing APIs (preferred).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 2-5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Background in other programming languages will still be considered with solid foundation of programming syntax and best practices.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, then send your CV for consideration to: [email protected]